Thursday, October 23, 2014

The Juice Nazi

So I was at the Farmer's market near my house in San Francisco. There was a juice booth, where fresh smoothies were being made. Behind the booth was this huge pile of pulp and a sign that said you could take some for your pets. Pretty cool. I had never thought of putting pulp in my dog's food. The sign said it would help their health, make their coat shinier, blah blah blah. Why the hell not try it? So I was scooping some out to take and one of the women at the booth came over and started talking to me.

Our conversation was something like this:

Me: "Wow this is a really cool idea! I make a juice with my juicer every morning and never thought of giving the pulp to my pets. Do you think they'd like all of it though?"

The Juice Nazi: "What all do you put in it?"

Me: "Kale, carrots, zucchini, cucumber, an orange..."

This is when the Juice Nazi cut me off and in a very bitchy know-it-all matronly tone starting telling me about the old masters of juicing and what I should and shouldn't mix when I make a juice in my juicer. Well EXCUSE me. I didn't give a shit about what she was saying because I've done my share of reading on juices, etc. I hate unsolicited advice given in a condescending tone.

You know what I have to say to the "old masters" of juicing? FUYA!

No comments:

Post a Comment